I droped it the other day and the cop slid down revealing the pretty layers of color.
I rewound it onto a bobbin from one of my wheels. I put the bobbin onto my louet and put the drive band over the whorl on the bobbin (its from my double drive wheel) Then I tried letting the spindle sit gently on my hands, but found that winding the singles on as if I was going to Andean ply works much better. Since the cop is not evenly wound the spindle needs to constantly rotate at different speeds in the first method making it a bit awkward, especially when you get towards the end.
Then I might have borrowed the pretty “new” wheel to ply on. We went outside and I quickly Navajo plied it up. I seriously don’t know how you could Navajo ply on a wheel without a tensioned Kate.
It looks much nicer now that its had a bath and has dried out… but I’m too lazy to take new pictures.