I looked in today and saw no queen, no larva, no eggs and a lot of drone brood. I’m not sure what to think about it. its not exactly surprising that I didn’t see the queen because I’m not that good at looking for her. It does worry me that I didn’t see any eggs or capped brood. I also have to look though my pictures to see if I missed anything while looking though my veil.
On a more fun note, I had to cut out a piece of comb because they built it extra wide and it was attached to two bars.
I tried to figure out how to bring it to Allison at SnB tonight (she voulnteered to be my official honey taster, but with such soft wax it had fail written all over it.
I scraped off some of the comb that was attached to the wall too. They had started to attach 3 of the bigger combs to the side, and it broke when I pulled the bar up. I need to remember to move more slowly next time and cut before pulling the bars up. The girls have also started to glue the cracks between the bars together. At least they are making themselves at home
At any rate, I ate some of the honey then I gave everything back to the bees so it doesn’t go to waste.
Also, 2 of the entrance holes have unplugged themselves mysteriously. Its really odd and I wish I knew what did it.