I went in for a look at the bees today. I was pretty nervouse so I didn’t do a very good job taking pictures. They hadn’t let the queen out yet so there weren’t any eggs to look for. They had started work on the first 3 bars. I started to brush the bees off one of the bars, but the wax was pretty soft so I stopped before I got them all off. They havn’t been eatting much syrup. There where two one pint mason jars in there and there was maybe an inch or so of air at the top. There was some nector/syrup stored in the comb and some pollen. I called it good enough when I saw that. I popped the cork out of the queen cage and set it back inside so she can walk out on her own.
the comb the built was nice and straight too.